Sunday, January 30, 2005

rex

Low-light of the weekend: a fever that went from non-existent to 102 in the span of about 6 hours. Fortunately, 24 hours later, I'm winning the battle.
High-light of the weekend: going to one of favourite used-book stores. Despite the fever, I decided to go out for a couple of hours and get some fresh air. That the temperature outside was north of -10C for the first time in over a week didn't hurt either. After browsing for about 20 minutes, I notice a copy of Alexander Pushkin's "Eugene Onegin". Given my interest in most things Russian (hence the name of this blog), it was an easy decision.

So I get home, and I tell my S.O. what I picked up. She mentions that the famous Canadian dancer Rex Harrington made his name playing Onegin in an adaptation of the story that was made into a ballet. My response to her was "Who is Rex Harrington?" As usual, she was disappointed, though not entirely surprised, at my lack of cultural knowledge. Anyways, no big deal. I decided to turn on the TV, and what did I see? A program on the CBC called "Life and Times" that was profiling Rex Harrington. Go figure. I watched the one-hour bio, and I have to say that he is a fascinating and extremely talented individual. It's strange how things turn out sometimes. I'm glad that I didn't let the fever get the better of me this weekend!!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad you don't know the real Rex Harrington. He advocates for mental health and does nothing for his family.

November 8, 2006 at 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home